SURSEE: Pumpkin Patch         

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

It is the first of October, and we need some pumpkins.
I found these beauties at Whole Foods.
These blueish green ones are called "Jarrahdales". Beautiful. I picked one out for my porch.

Then I saw these- "Rascals".  What a fun name.  I liked the mellow orange color of these.  They also had interesting thickly twisted stems.
Little missy here was drawn to the next pile 'o pumpkins- "The Fairy Tale Pumpkin".  Loved that name.  They reminded me of Cinderella's Coach.  Aren't they amazing all stacked there?
Had to have one of those for sure.



I am a sucker for these little tiny ones.  Grabbed the ones that had the white with orange veins. 


Gorgeous.
As I left I saw these big honkin' creamy colored ones and the brilliant orangey-red ones in the background.  Passed on these.  My cart and cup were full.

So here they are on the front porch step. So encouraging to see when I walk up to the house.

A puckered present for my porch.

A reminder of Fall greets us when we come home.  Glowing with oranges and yellows and light greeney blues, these Sursees breathe life into me.
What kind of pumpkins do you get for your porch?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home