Whenever I go on vacation, I am always amazed at the flowers. You see things you recognize or kind of recognize. Sometimes they are ginormous.
 |
| reminds me of an Allium sp? |
These purple beauties were huge and I started seeing them everywhere. I think they are related to the onion family. I wish I had another picture to show you as these sit on top of a long, thin stalk and then have a burst of these purply-blue flowers. Almost look like a firecracker!
 |
| On our hotel grounds |
These were growing all over the hotel grounds and were loverly. The green of the bush contrasted so well with the purple thistly blossom. Loads of bees digging these.
 |
| Growing in the sand |
 |
| Remind me of a mini carnation |
Not sure what these were called, but looked like what I call Pinks or sometimes known as Dianthus. They were just plopped in the sand at the hotel. How do they make it? The green part reminded me of Rosemary.
 |
Yellow beauties
|
These yellow guys were clinging to the rocks high up above the ocean.
 |
| Pebble Beach Hanging Basket |
Look what I saw at the golf course....they had big balls of Fuchsia pansies hanging in the arches of the storefronts. Yummy. How do they water these? I want some.
 |
| Cousin to the Aloe Vera? |
Not sure what these are called, but they grow all huge together. Remind me of an Aloe Vera or the tentacles of a sea monster.
 |
| Bougainvillea |
Beautiful walls, beautiful flowers.
 |
| I always love flower boxes! |
In downtown Carmel, everyone has flower boxes with all kinds of flowers spilling out.
I start feeling a little sorry for myself, remembering our hot Texas summers and how my plants never quite look like this. It's like the weather is magical out here- sunny days with a cool breeze blowing....they can grow anything.
Check out this house and its amazing garden-Wow-Zah!
 |
I want to live here!
|
 |
| Succulent on steroids |
I am having a crush on succulents; this one is amazing. The size of a dinner plate.
So hope you enjoyed seeing some of these flowers I have seen. I am always amazed at the Lord's creativity when I see all these new flowers. He planted Sursees all over for us to enjoy, and I am thankful for that.
Labels: Flowers, gardening
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home