"What is for Dinner?" they asked.
"Yummy things, " she answered.
That is what I always told my kids when they asked me that question.
I have had several requests for recipes. I understand that request. Sometimes you just need someone else to inspire you. You just don't feel like cracking open a cookbook, and yet, you want to be creative in the kitchen. So, I am going to start posting more recipes to my blog. Here goes...
Cheese Ravioli in Basil Cream Sauce
I have used it for company or just the family.
I teach this recipe to the senior girls when they come over for Girls Night because I think it is a great College Dish to know how to prepare.
I hope you enjoy this little SURSEE of an Easy Meal. What is an easy meal you make?
Cheese Ravioli in Basil-Cream Sauce
1 (24-oz) package frozen cheese ravioli
2 tbl butter
1 8 oz pkg of sliced mushrooms
3 green onions, chopped
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
1 (10 oz) can diced mild tomatoes and green chiles, drained-OR you can use plain diced tomatoes which I do!
2 tbl chopped fresh basil
1 cup whipping cream
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ tsp salt
Prepare ravioli in large Dutch oven according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
Melt 2 tbl butter in Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients; sauté over medium high-heat 6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in diced tomatoes and green chilies, basil and cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese; add salt.
Stir in ravioli, tossing to coat.
Variation~ Since I have carnivores (all boys) at my house, I always added diced, cooked chicken so they could find some meat in the pasta.' Nuf said.
Variation~ Since I have carnivores (all boys) at my house, I always added diced, cooked chicken so they could find some meat in the pasta.' Nuf said.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home