Creative Day
I had Creative Day at my house. I invited friends to come over and create. Whatever.
Recipe redos, painting,

photo albums online, embroidery, needlepoint, making cards.
It was such fun to see what women can create around a table. We laughed and talked and lived life together. We were a little community.
I read them a quote I found by C.S. Lewis:
"No one human being can bring out all of another person, but it takes a whole circle of human beings (community) to extract the real you."

C.S. Lewis also said:
"In each of my friends there is something that only some other friend can fully bring out. By myself I am not large enough to call the whole man into activity.
I need other lights than my own to show all my friend's facets... In this, friendship exhibits a glorious "nearness by resemblance" to Heaven itself, where the very multitude of the blessed (which no man can number) increases the fruition which each has of God."
I am so thankful for the sursee of Creative Day which is part of the extraction process of me becoming who God sees.
What do you do to create community?



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home